Friday, January 13, 2012

85% of you love "Color and Light"

Top Art Books in 2011: Which is your personal favourite?

Last Saturday I listed the books  - Makingamark's Top Five Art Books in 2011 - that I'd identified as being the top five books which were consistently listed as either best selling or top rated month after month in 2011.  These books had been listed on my website Makingamark's Top Ten Fine Art Books - which is updated and revised each month.

At the end I asked you to vote for which of the five books is
  • either your favourite 
  • or the one you'd most like to have.
After a week we have a runaway winner! I can't say I'm too surprised by the winner although the margin had even my jaw dropping - because 84.46% of you voted for Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by: James Gurney (Gurney Journey)

Top Art Books in 2011: Which is your personal favourite?
Polldaddy Poll - Table of Results
(148 votes)

This only adds to the accolades this book has received since its publication in November 2010.

You can also READ my detailed review of this book Book Review: Color and Light by James Gurney
Summary review: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - This is a book for students and improvers and all those who want to know more about colour and how light and colour interact - in life and in a painting. Practical application of the lessons learned is made possible through a very accessible text coupled with excellent use of images and graphics. Coverage of this topic is comprehensive.

Dear Art Book Publishers 
please note what a good art book which everyone wants looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.