Tuesday, September 25, 2007

In the Pink!

In the Pink - at the Bramah Tea and Coffee Museum
8.5" x 11.5", pen and ink and coloured pencil in sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

This is a sketch I did while having tea at the Bramah Tea and Coffee Museum on Saturday afternoon. The museum is apparently the first one in the world to be devoted to telling the story of tea and coffee. It certainly seem to attract visitors from all over the globe. The tea room part also has the most amazing pink walls!

If you'd like to read more about this sketch and see another one take a peek at this post - "In the Pink - at the Bramah Tea and Coffee Museum" on my sketchbook blog.

Links:

5 comments:

  1. Now that's a good story to tell. I just ordered a cup of green tea, this picture has just put me in the mood for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH I LOVE THIS KATHERINE!

    I love the pink, the pots and the shelving unit holding it all in place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unique and what an interesting place. I'll bet there are lots of great objects and scenes to draw there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ming - I hope you had a nice drink of tea.

    Nicole - It would be a natural for a 'Caulfield'!

    Jeanette - I've always liked 'weird' teapots - and this museum looks like it's a 'goldmine' of teapots and coffee pots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pink color you got and the shading of the shelves. So much intricate detail. Looks like it would have taken a ton of time to do. I enjoy reading the little details of your visit to the tea room.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.