Saturday, October 28, 2006

A first hand account - or should that be 'elbow'?

As it's the weekend, I'm being lazy – it's allowed ;) – and posting a story first published on The Huffington Post last week. I'm sure many of you will have heard by now about the man who had just sold his Picasso painting "Le Reve" for the sum of $139 million when he put his elbow through it just before he shipped it off to its new owner - but maybe you've only read second or third hand accounts?

Nora Ephron was in the room when it happened and has written about it here.

If you've ever done something very, very silly and ruined a painting - just console yourself with the fact that it could have been a whole lot worse!

Links:

Technorati tags: art, Picasso, painting

2 comments:

  1. I can not imagine the horror of this, how heartbreaking it must have been.

    Fortunately, when something is destroyed in my studio I'm usually the one ripping it to shreads because of some other kind of mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have the money to take something like that in stride and respond as if it were a daily paper that had gotten ripped.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.